Thursday 1 May 2014

What's going on?

Hello Everyone,


It is the day after the A to Z Challenge, and since I haven’t been doing my weekly updates, I thought I would sum up all the things that have happened in my life since the challenge started.

Well, for the first few weeks I was on holiday from university (as much of a holiday as you can call it when I had three essays to write and four books to read). This was a really lovely holiday as I was at home in Glasgow seeing family and friends for long catch ups. This is the one downside to going to university away from home, you don’t get to see your family as much as you want to, but it does make the time you have with them more precious.

I turned nineteen. I did do a post of sorts on this, with all my bookish memories and things, but I thought I would share with you what I actually did on the day. I had quite a relaxing day, with small long lie, and then met up with my friend Laura, my sister and her friend, and we went to see The Amazing Spiderman 2, which was so good. I am planning a review on this later, so keep an ear out. I went out for tea with the family, and then back home for cake and presents.

Once university started back, it was all a-go. Essays were due, preparation for lectures and tutorial and exams (aaaaaaahhhhhhh!) was needed. There was no more relaxed catch-ups and coffee, just a never-ending pile of work. I have managed to get some of it done, but as time is ticking on, there just seems to be more and more to do.

It was also a busy time for me as I am part of the Glee Club, and our summer concert was quickly drawing nearer. So there have been a lot of rehearsals for that, one was 6 hours long! I am a little nervous about it as I have a solo (I sing Missy Higgins’ Sugarcane, if you want to check it out), and I’ve never really sang in front of a huge audience by myself before. But I have rehearsed a lot, so everything should be okay. (Once this is published, it will be the night of the concert, so if any of you are in the Aberdeen area, and fancy seeing a show filled with singing, dancing and lots of fun, then get yourself over to the Lemon Tree for a 7.30pm start. It’s only a fiver if you are a student and £8 if you are anything else). I will be updating all of you on my Instagram as the action is happening, so check that out in my sidebar.


Aaaaaaaaand, other than the A to Z Challenge, that is what has happened in my life. What’s been going on with you? Let me know in the comments below. 

Gracexxx

No comments:

Post a Comment