Tuesday 6 May 2014

Dealing with Disappointment

Hello Everyone,


Recently I have had a bit of a disappointment in my life, and there is a chance that something that I was really looking forward to will not happen. I have never really dealt with disappointment that well, in fact, I’ve never really lost out on something that I would be this disappointed about. Some people see that as luck, I see it as hard work. I work hard to get what I want, and if I don’t get something, then I tend to blame myself for not working hard enough. Or, I think that I shouldn’t have let myself get so excited about it, I should rule with my head instead of my heart. Keeping walls up is what I try to do, especially when I am stressed or disappointed about things. I am not an extravert, so when I want to be alone, it could be up to a week before I speak to another person, especially during exam time.

Disappointment is difficult for anyone to deal with. And, unfortunately, it is a part of life. If we are constantly being disappointed then it can be harder to bounce back from it. However, we must believe that what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. If it was really meant for us, then it would have happened, if not, then it clearly wasn’t. This sounds rather corny, but it isn’t meant to be. It’s more the basis of accepting that it isn’t going to happen, and moving on. I don’t really believ in fate and all that, but perhaps there is a plan out there for what we are meant to do. And even if what you want to happen doesn’t happen at this point in time, then perhaps it will happen in the future, if you still want to make it happen.

How do you cope with disappointment? Comment below to tell me how you got through a disappointing time in your life.


Gracexxx

No comments:

Post a Comment