Wednesday 11 February 2015

One Year On...


Hello Everyone, 


It's been exactly one year since I started my blog. Can you believe it? I've been doing this for a year. My most read posts are:

My Valentines as a Single Gal 103 visits

Letters From America: A Couple of Bad Days 63 visits

Glitz, Glamour, and a Giant Banana 63 visits

Alcohol 58 visits

Dealing With Disappointment  53 visits

Writing is my past-time. I do it because I love it. My blog has given me the chance to do something I love everyday, or as often as I want. I have had to deal with my own deadlines, school deadlines and everything else life throws at you, while writing my blog. It causes you to think about writing in a different way, having to think of new ideas everyday. You have to allow your brain to be constantly looking for inspiration, and open to inspiration from different places.

I have learned that numbers aren't everything in the blogging game (unless that's the whole reason you got into blogging). I used to try to advertise and boost my posts all the time, and in doing so, I really irritated the people I was trying to get to read my blog. A bit counter-productive, wouldn't you say? If you keep writing, then people will read. There is more to blogging than numbers, and you can't predict what will be a viral hit. Nobody can. So stop trying if that's all you want, these things barely happen to someone you know unless what they produce is really unique. 

I have done so many things that I perhaps wouldn't have done if I hadn't been blogging, or I wouldn't have recorded as much of my life. I have gotten better at photography, and at writing. I think more carefully about the words I use, and I have read a much more varied repertoire of writing styles that I wouldn't have read if I wasn't blogging. 

I'm still learning, and I won't always get it right. There will be times when I slip, and lose my focus, but I'm trying. I'm doing something that is out of my comfort zone, and I will get better at it in time. After all, you can't become a 'perfect writer', just better. The English language is so diverse, that there is no right way to finding a writing style. Other people will always have put it a different way, but that's fine. I'll find what I'm looking for, eventually. I'm just not entirely sure what it is yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment